Visa Gift & Reloadable Cards
TEFCU offers a variety of pre-paid and reloadable cards to suit your needs.
If you do not have a TEFCU debit card in your wallet, you may want to consider a pre-paid or reloadable card.
For balance information, PIN setup, and to speak with a live Member Services Visa Reloadable Specialist, call (866) 496-6183 or visit myprepaidbalance.
If you do not have a checking account or you do not need a checking account, this reloadable card is for you!
- Accepted at point of sale (signature or PIN) and ATMs wherever Visa debit cards are accepted
- Load via cash deposit at TEFCU or direct deposit/payroll allocation from your employer
- Load values of $20 - $3,000
- After the second load, a replacement card will be issued with your name embossed
The perfect gift for every occasion. Give the gift of choice in a variety of styles!
- Accepted wherever Visa debit cards are accepted
- Load values of $20 - $1,000
Know your balance - Most merchants cannot determine the balance on the card, so you will need to know your balance before you make a purchase. When you make a purchase, record it and deduct the amount from the balance immediately. To avoid declines, you can check balances by visiting myprepaidbalance or by calling the number on the back of the card.
Split payments - If there is not enough value on the card to pay for a purchase, you can pay the difference with a second form of payment. Let the cashier know that you'll be paying with two forms of payment and how much you will pay with each.
- Gas Stations - When paying at the pump, simply insert your card and follow the instructions. If the transaction is not completed, you may need to go inside and pay the attendant prior to pumping.
- Restaurants, bars, taxis, beauty and barber shops, and health and beauty spas - When using your Visa gift card at a merchant where a tip may be included, your transaction may be authorized for an additional 20% above your total bill. However, the tip amount is at your discretion. The actual amount processed to your card will not exceed the amount of the bill plus the tip added by you.
Returning a purchase - Remember to save your purchase receipt and the card even after you have spent the funds on the card in case there are returns. You may need to present your Visa gift card when you return the merchandise. The amount of the return will be credited back to the card typically within three to seven days.
Purchase declines - Make sure you have sufficient funds on the card for the full value of the purchase including tip. If your purchase is declined even though the card has sufficient funds, call the customer service number on the back of your card.
Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. For prices, please see our Schedule of Fees. View the terms and conditions (including reload limits, withdrawal limits, and more).